Portfolio Design Analyst
Company: City National Bank
Location: Beverly Hills
Posted on: November 21, 2022
PORTFOLIO DESIGN ANALYST
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Supports CNR client teams in delivering investment analysis and
financial planning materials for high-net-worth and
ultra-high-net-worth individuals and families. Provide analytical
and financial support and expertise through technological tools and
Wealth Management Division: City National Rochdale
As a member of City National Rochdale, the company's Wealth
Management group, you will provide white-glove service focused on
intelligently personalized portfolio management for high-net-worth
individuals, families, and institutions. For 30 years, City
National Rochdale has helped clients achieve their goals, operating
as a nimble, responsive, local boutique investment firm.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Provide in-depth customized analysis materials for all Advisors
by creating sophisticated portfolio and market analyses using a
variety of investment and financial markets database tools.
- Lead region as the subject matter expert in Galaxy, a
proprietary asset allocation software system. Ensure expertise on
the system and become a "go-to" for users when they have
- Use Allocation Master for less complex scenario analysis such
as simple wealth simulation modeling, and portfolio cash flow
- Create customized fixed income analysis teaming with fixed
- Call and discuss each presentation with Advisors to ensure
- Do Request for Proposals (RFPs) upon request.
- Update and work with marketing to complete surveys accurately
and prior to deadline.
- Update CNR performance information on Zephyr database
- Provide various reports to both Advisors and PMs including
Morningstar research reports and scenario analysis on Zephyr.
- Work with Advisors to create relevant analytics materials that
can be used in conjunction with marketing materials.
- Continuously update current marketing materials and internal
- Coordinate market related conference calls between PMs and
- Continually refine and improve current analysis templates and
marketing materials to ensure presentations have a competitive
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- 2 years of experience in investments or other financial
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Microsoft Excel and
- Minimum of 1 year working in a professional team
Skills and Knowledge
- 1-3 years' experience in investments or other financial
services industries or a BA degree. Strong desire to learn and
grow, enrollment in CFA, CFP, or similar program strongly desired,
but not required .
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with Microsoft Excel and
PowerPoint programs. Financial database experience similar to
Bloomberg, Morningstar, Barra, MoneyTree Allocation Master, etc. is
- Minimum of 1-2 years working in a professional team
- Ability and willingness to work with multiple levels of
colleagues and clients. Maintains a positive attitude in conflict
resolution and problem solving.
- Understand marketable securities, investment products and
general financial planning concepts.
- Strong analytical and financial analysis skills.
- Ability to perform financial and economic analyses utilizing
various planning tools and software level and effectively explain
cause and effect as well as formulate supportable conclusions.
- Must be able to think through problems and develop solutions
with a strong attention to detail.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
Starting base salary: $65,296 - $104,304 per year. Exact
compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to
diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one
we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients,
colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded
in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of
integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships
continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a
subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading
diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: City National Bank, Beverly Hills , Portfolio Design Analyst, Professions , Beverly Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!