Investment Analyst - Commercial Real Estate
Location: Beverly Hills
Posted on: April 1, 2021
The Professionals' Choice for Real Estate Jobs **Inquiries about
this position, please contact-- Maria Sather --(in Human Resources)
at NorthMarq. **All candidates interested must apply online to be
considered. ** Candidate must be available for immediate hire--
NorthMarq--Investment Sales is seeking an Analyst in their--Beverly
Hills--office who is a highly skilled, talented, and driven
individual, who also possesses a high level of intellectual
creativity and creative thinking skills. The Analyst will be
joining an active multifamily brokerage team to manage the analysis
of properties and financial underwriting for all team assignments
and exclusive engagements, while providing support to the
production team on other key business initiatives.-- The candidate
must have prior experience--within the commercial real estate
industry, preferably multifamily investments, as they will obtain
extensive exposure to multifamily assets, and land development
opportunities for multifamily product, throughout California,
covering both private and institutional capital sectors.-- The
analyst will collaborate with senior team members in preparation of
Broker Opinions of Value ("BOV's") and Offering Memorandums,
conduct submarket and property-level comparable research reports
for all presentations and marketing materials, interface with
property managers and owner-operators, in addition to the
administration of the day-to-day operations for the team. As a
result of the requirements of the position, the analyst must be a
self-starter and possess the ability to work both independently and
cohesively within a team environment. Additionally, the analyst
must be willing to work extended hours when needed.
- Preparation of Brokers Opinions of Value
- Underwrite income-producing assets using Excel software.
- Analyze historical operating statements, budgets, leases and
loan agreements, as well as current market conditions in order to
determine financial underwriting assumptions.
- Review, analyze, comprehend, abstract and interpret various
types of real estate documents.
- Identify critical property level financial issues and recommend
areas for value-add opportunities.
- Gather and track critical financial data points for research
and negotiation purposes.
- Create evaluations of properties and sensitivity analyses.
- Strategize with team members and clients to generate creative
- Ability to present results of analyses in a formal client
setting to audiences with a wide range of financial acumen.
- Strategize with team members and provide materials that allow
the top producers to generate new relationships
- Direct communication with Capital Markets professionals,
property managers, asset managers and principals to clarify
inconsistencies found during the underwriting process and address
other property specific issues. Qualifications:
- Four-year college degree. Major in Real Estate, finance,
accounting, or business area preferred
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relatable experience, financial
analysis background is a requirement.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, take direction,
and multi-task under tight deadlines
- Strong understanding of finance analytical skills, financial
terms and principles necessary in real estate underwriting,
including Discounted Cash Flow, IRR, NPV, Time Value of Money,
Return on Equity, etc.
- Experience involving the valuation of income-producing
properties is a plus.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret various types of
real estate documents, including financial statements, loan
documents, deed of trust, etc.
- Candidate must possess excellent writing skills - ability to
effectively communicate and articulate thoughts in writing.--
- Candidate must possess strong verbal communication skills -
ability interact effectively and professionally with a wide variety
of internal/external parties.
- Attention to detail, organizational skills, ability to manage
multiple assignments with changing priorities.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign) and Microsoft
Office Suite (Excel), experience in Salesforce a plus.--
- Team player, strong work ethic and passion to work in the
commercial real estate industry.
- Candidate may be required to provide work sample to show level
of skill as it pertains to the role
- Intimate knowledge of Los Angeles' submarkets and Real Estate
trends are preferred Please enter your email to view real estate's
premier jobs! (We only ask you to do this once per device)
Keywords: SelectLeaders, Beverly Hills , Investment Analyst - Commercial Real Estate, Professions , Beverly Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!