Location: Beverly Hills
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Our client is a well-established Beverly Hills insurance and
financial services firm, affiliated with a large well-known
national insurance company. They are innovative, contemporary,
progressive, and technologically forward facing and are essentially
paperless. As the Bookkeeper/Staff Accountant, you will report to
the Chief Financial Officer, CPA and interact and collaborate with
all levels of staff within the organization, including vendors,
advisors, the President, and the CEO.
This opportunity has the potential for advancement for candidates
with the right technical skills, confidence, interpersonal
communication skills, and motivation to learn and grow into an
advanced role/position in the near future.
Our client is seeking a confident, proactive, enthusiastic,
motivated, and experienced team member who have a customer-service
approach to their job. The Accounting Departments "clients" are the
Sales Agents of the Agency.
To be successful, you should have:
- Attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Customer service-orientation
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- 2-3 years solid bookkeeper or accounting experience
- Basic tax knowledge or experience preferred
- Bachelors degree degree in Business or Accounting required
- Proficiency in QuickBooks required, desktop preferred
- Proficiency in Excel required Your responsibilities as the
Bookkeeper / Staff Accountant:
- Accounts Payable experience required.
- Receive, organize, and process vendor communications and
invoices, which includes ensuring that they are scanned
electronically, entered into QuickBooks, attached to the
corresponding Vendor "Bill" in QuickBooks), obtain invoice
approval, and submit for payment approval in the banking interface
- Review the monthly list of recurring Payables transactions and
process according to the monthly checklist and payment schedule.
Agent Payables, Receivables, and Collections
- Accounts Receivable and Collections experience preferred.
- Process various biweekly and monthly payroll and commission
payments due to agents. This includes downloading the necessary
report schedules from the home office intranet, entering certain
information into Excel templates used to complete calculations and
process payments DUE TO agents, as well as payments DUE FROM
agents. These are entered into QuickBooks as either agent
Bills/Payables or agent Invoices/Receivables.
- Provide supporting Commission Payment documentation to
- Agent Receivables are collected by Credit Cards on file,
through Agent commission charges, or check payments from the
- Receive and post agent collections to QuickBooks AR. Other
- Address agent requests and inquiries related to their
commissions and amounts due to the agency.
- Monthly bank and credit card account reconciliation to
- Reconciliation of certain General Ledger accounts.
- Preparation of journal entries as needed.
- Assist with various financial reporting, including Financial
SnapShot, Cash Report, Disbursements, and key financial statements,
year-over-year comparison analysis, monthly financial report
package, annual financial budgets, forecasts, tax estimates.
Our client values their employees time and efforts. Their
commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive
compensation of $46,000-60,000 per year(depending on experience)
and an extensive benefits package including Group health, dental,
vision, disability, and life insurance along with a 401(k) plan
with eligibility for company match.
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their
employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They
strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person
feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions,
planning and culture.
Keywords: Insperity, Beverly Hills , Bookkeeper/Staff Accountant, Other , Beverly Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!