Sr. Loan Documentation Specialist
Company: Mechanics Bank
Location: Beverly Hills
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Mechanics Bank is currently searching for a Sr. Loan
Documentation Specialist that can be based at our Beverly Hills,
Irvine, Walnut Creek or Roseville office. The Loan Documentation
Specialist position interprets documentation requirements from an
approved Credit Application. Prepares loan documentation utilizing
knowledge of the Bank's policies and procedures. Regularly works on
significant, unique and complex loan documents requiring
independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve
What you will do:
* Under general supervision, performs at a proficient skill level
all aspect of the department including advanced knowledge of loan
documentation software (e.g. LaserPro or Encompass). Prepares loan
documentation in accordance with the loan documentation request and
approved Credit Application based on the loan structure.
* Responsible for preparing loan documents for Commercial and
Consumer loans at the highest level of complexity in accordance
with the loan structure and entity type which may consist of but is
not limited to Lines of Credit, Term, Asset Based, Construction,
Commercial & Industrial (C&I) and Commercial/Residential Real
Estate (RE). Independently administers the closing/funding of RE
loans by working with Title/Escrow and working with financial
institutions to coordinate payoffs to secure our lien position.
Works with relationship managers, underwriters, internal and
outside counsel, title insurance companies and insurance companies
to ensure compliance and resolve issues.
* Reviews the credit approval, entity documentation, prelims, title
policies, trust certificates and all other applicable items
submitted for documentation requests and takes appropriate action
to ensure the loan is documented in accordance with Bank policies
and procedures and are in adherence with compliance and regulatory
requirements. Makes appropriate documentation and/or data
corrections before finalizing the request, as directed by quality
reviewer, or manager.
* Performs quality review of loan packages to determine the
accuracy of the documents as related to the loan structure, and to
ensure satisfactory supporting documentation has been obtained
consistently. Discusses results directly with peer employee,
manager and/or legal counsel to ensure all documentation packages
accurately reflect the approved Credit Application. May provide
guidance to peer Loan Documentation Specialist as needed.
* Participates in departmental projects.
* Performs all other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
Who you are:
* Microsoft Suite
* FISERV Navigator (or similar system)
* Laser Pro or Encompass (or similar system as applicable)
* Possess excellent human relations, communications and business
* Ability to work effectively without direct supervision.
* Ability to comprehend and interpret Bank policies and
* Possess effective time management and organizational skills.
* Demonstrates teamwork in facilitating workflow. High level of
cooperation with others and is responsive to the Bank's needs.
* Exemplary motivation, enthusiasm, professionalism and team
* Have high level of accuracy and great attention to detail.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
* Ability to cope with pressure resulting from meeting required
deadlines, reporting requirements and training
* Exhibit high degree of professionalism and confidentiality in
handling and having access to sensitive customer or employee
* Ability to handle constant use of tact, discretion and good
* Ability to travel between bank locations and/or commute for
training purposes - less than 25%
* High School Degree
* Minimum 5 years experience
* Mechanics Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin,
age, genetic information, veteran status, or on the basis of
disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or other bases
prohibited by applicable law.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by
* To learn more about Mechanics Bank's California privacy and
security policies, including your right to a Notice At Collection
as a California Resident, please visit
Keywords: Mechanics Bank, Beverly Hills , Sr. Loan Documentation Specialist, Other , Beverly Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!