Company: AZUL HOSPITALITY MASTER
Location: Beverly Hills
Posted on: September 19, 2022
AC Hotel Beverly Hills - Beverly Hills, CA
Restaurant - Food Service
Assist in the delivery of food and beverage service to restaurant
and bar guests.
- Stocks bar items such as glassware, straws, toothpicks,
napkins, garnishes, ice, towels, and cleaning supplies.
- Assists with recipe batching, ice molding, liquor infusions,
washing and preparing garnishes, etc.
- Ensures that taps, coolers, and other appliances like blenders
or coffee makers are clean and in working order.
- Assists bartenders with taking customer orders and processing
orders in the point-of-sale system during peak business hours.
- Clears tables throughout the dining experience using proper
methods for removing dishes, glassware, and silverware.
- Cleans bar and table surfaces throughout the shift.
- Wipes down chairs, railings, and other high-touch
- Removes and disposes bags from trash receptacles in and around
the bar area.
- Sweeps and mops in and around bar service areas and customer
- Ensures all liquor, beer and wine product is put away safely
and always secured.
- May be called upon to wash glassware and dishes if steward is
- Assists service team as necessary to meet and exceed guest
- All other duties assigned by managers and supervisors.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this
position may be required to perform a combination of the following
supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each
function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the
particular requirements of the hotel:
- Assist with any guest inquiry.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and
- Report maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by direct and
- Environmental conditions are inside, a job is considered inside
if staff spends approximately 75 percent or more of the time
inside. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10
-F) and kitchens (+110 -F), possible for one (1) hour or more.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to
four (4) hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between
functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and
to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 45 lbs. as needed.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up
to 250 lbs.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking,
repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening, and hearing
ability and visual acuity.
- Hearing, smelling, tasting, and visual ability to observe and
distinguish product quality and detect signs of emergency
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with other staff, guests, and supervisors.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual
functions being those of near and color vision and depth
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office
equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine,
multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines,
photocopiers, dolly, and other office equipment as needed.
- Ability to work primarily with fingers to pick, pinch, type and
carry out substantial movements (motions) of the wrists and hands
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and
abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can
perform the essential functions of the job, with or without
reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of
knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary
language used in the workplace.
- Requires good communication skills, verbal, written and
- Must have excellent leadership capability and customer
- Must be detail oriented with outstanding organizational and
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external
customers some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact
and diplomacy and collect accurate information to resolve
- Knowledgeable about basic function of Windows OS, MS Office,
PMS, and POS.
- Self-driven and able to work independently.
- Exceptionally strong in issue resolution and proven analytical
skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of table and bar service.
- Knowledge of spirits, beer, wine, and flavor profiles.
High school or equivalent education required.
- Prior hospitality or restaurant experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Must be at least 21 years of age to serve alcohol.
- Safe Server Alcohol & Food certification preferred.
All Staff Members must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed
appearance per Azul Hospitality standards. Refer to the property
specific required grooming and uniform standards policy.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be
established by Azul Hospitality, from time to time, is essential to
the successful performance of this position. Staff with irregular
attendance / tardiness will be subject to disciplinary action, up
to and including termination of employment. Upon employment, all
staff is required to fully comply with Azul Hospitality rules and
regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotels
facilities. Staff members who violate hotel rules and regulations
will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including
termination of employment. Due to the cyclical nature of the
hospitality industry, staff members may be required to work varying
schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition,
attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is
required. This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive
list of all job functions that a staff member in this position may
be asked to perform from time to time.
Keywords: AZUL HOSPITALITY MASTER, Beverly Hills , Barback, Other , Beverly Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!