Company: Maybourne Beverly Hills Hotel
Location: Beverly Hills
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Job DescriptionHost(ess)The Host/Hostess of a Maybourne Beverly
Hills outlet is responsible to ensure that each and every guest has
a most memorable experience. This experience begins with the
cleanliness and appearance of our facilities and staff and is
enhanced by going the extra mile in our efforts. Each colleague
plays a crucial role in the maintenance of their workspace before
and during their shift, and our guest's experience is always the
top priority. It is also the responsibility of the Host/Hostess to
courteously greet and escort guests to tables and assist in
seating, ensuring hotel's standards of service. Assist in preparing
the restaurant for service and maintaining the cleanliness of the
room at all times. Take reservations and maintain reservation book.
Assist in monitoring the guests' needs and all phases of the
operation. Assume total responsibility when Manager/Supervisor is
not present.Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a
- Maintain complete knowledge of:Scheduled daily activities and
in-house groups.Features and services provided by the hotel.Any
special events or menus that are being offered during service or in
- Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers,
proper table set-ups, room capacity, hours of operation, price
range and dress code of the restaurant.
- Inspect tables and stations, ensuring that all set-ups meet the
department standards. Check throughout meal period. Relay
deficiencies to respective personnel and follow up on
- Answer phones in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Take, record and confirm restaurant reservations/cancellations
as specified in departmental standards.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Greet and acknowledge all arriving guests with a sense of
urgency and putting the guest at the center of all you do.
- Escort guests to tables and assist in seating at tables;
present menus and extend congenialities in accordance to department
- Anticipate guest needs and respond promptly.
- Accommodate all requests for information courteously.
- Communicate V.I.P. arrivals and special requests to designated
personnel for follow up.
- Handle guest complaints and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Extend courteous departures as guests leave the
- Exhibit a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing
with guests and fellow colleagues.
- Perform all other duties as and when assigned by hotel
- Nothing is this job description restricts management's right to
assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any
time as deemed necessary and based on the needs of the
- This description reflects management's assignment of essential
functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be
- This job description is subject to change at any
time.Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum six months' experience in a similar position,
preferably with a luxury or ultra-luxury restaurant.
- High School diploma
- Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail,
speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear
thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment;
follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest's service needs;
work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with
minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information
and pertinent hotel data.
- Knowledge with POS systems, Microsoft WORD, Excel, Outlook
- Knowledge of local activities and attractions appropriate for
restaurant clientele preferred.
- Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in
other languages preferred.Physical and Working Environment
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about
inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery,
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity
machinery, such a computer, copy machine, printer, etc.
- Must be able to constantly communicates with vendors, clients,
staff members, therefore must be able to communicate, converse with
and exchange information to their understanding
- Must be able to detect, determine, perceive, identify,
recognize, and assess from long distances
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and
printers, light traffic).
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill
- Must be physically able to exert physical effort in
transporting or lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Must be physically able to walk without assistance on various
surfaces for an extended period.
- Must be physically able to stand for extended period
- The position requires manual dexterity, grasping, writing,
repetitive motion, bending and climbing
Keywords: Maybourne Beverly Hills Hotel, Beverly Hills , Host(ess), Other , Beverly Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!