Portfolio Mgr Assoc
Company: City National Bank
Location: Beverly Hills
Posted on: May 6, 2022
Job Details: PORTFOLIO MANAGER ASSOCIATE
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Implement proprietary strategies and asset allocation for City
National Rochdale Financial Advisors and clients. Assist Sr.
Portfolio Managers (SPM) in the development of short-and long-term
investment strategies and approaches to achieve investment goals
Wealth Management Division: City National Rochdale
As a member of City National Rochdale, the company's Wealth
Management group, you will provide white-glove service focused on
intelligently personalized portfolio management for high-net-worth
individuals, families, and institutions. For 30 years, City
National Rochdale has helped clients achieve their goals, operating
as a nimble, responsive, local boutique investment firm.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Partner with portfolio managers to recommend initial strategic
asset class allocation for new clients, and recommendations for
trades and allocation changes for existing clients.
- Client calls and inquiries: be able to discuss both economic
and client portfolio topics: - Introductory and ongoing review
calls, build the client relationship and rapport, discuss the
relevant economic outlook and the applicability to the client's
portfolio and goals - Respond to incoming calls, emails, and
inquiries from clients and advisors - Portfolio characteristics,
economic updates, and the firm's investment thesis - Specific
strategies and solutions: business description and reasons we own -
Tie everything to client's goals and aspirations - Create,
research, and provide detailed ad-hoc analyses
- Manage the Book: analyses/activities on the total book of
business, segments of the book, and client portfolios. - Track new
clients and specific actions to take across the Book and for
- Trade execution; buy and sell securities to implement asset
allocations for client portfolios, based on client's investment
mandates, cash needs, firm strategy changes and general
rebalancing; assess tax liabilities and client directed account
restrictions to determine whether macro investment decisions are
applicable on the account level; manage complex situations.
- Monitor client portfolios for deviations from specified
strategy or to provide investment recommendations.
- Create and/or review client portfolio review presentations and
portfolio risk/return analysis presentations.
- Manage the workflow and development of teammates: - Training of
systems and procedures - Foster growth of responsibilities, and
thinking, and serving clients - Delegate portfolio management tasks
between the team members
- Reinforce PM/Research guidance throughout the team environment,
i.e., a bridge between PMs/Research to teammates.
- Promote the development and growth of our colleagues; nurture
and care about their aspirations and goals.
- Collaborate with technology, strategy, operations, trading
teams, etc., to improve processes across the firm.
- Support the management of process control on the team.
- Complete special projects as requested.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Master's Degree MBA and/or CFA, received or underway
- Minimum 6 years of experience in Investment Management
- FINRA Series 7 and 66 securities or ability to obtain
Skills and Knowledge
- FINRA 7 and 66 securities or ability to obtain
- Think and act like a PM; stand in as the PM - team, client, and
advisor facing; mindset of serving clients and advisors
- Well-versed on CNR's investment products, macro-economic
environment, and able to tell the CNR story to convey our
value-proposition, and convey and reinforce our messaging
- Interest in, desire to follow, and love for markets
- Ability to articulate the complex in understandable and
consumable terms to advisors and clients with varied investment
knowledge and understanding; shift seamlessly from high-level
concepts to drill down into specifics
- Skill in demonstrating empathy, emotional intelligence,
relationship management, and communications
- Extensive knowledge of markets and industry as well as
portfolio management expertise
- Comprehensive understanding of CNR investment and research
- Analytical skills, ability to translate and implement
theoretical into practical, flawless execution and quality, and
attention to detail
- Operate well in a high growth environment; ability to manage
high volume task orientation while contemplating future growth and
- Ability to work independently and use sound judgment
- Extensive knowledge of the Firm's proprietary trading system,
as well as the portfolio accounting system
- Assessment of skills and capabilities of others
- Teaching skills
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Strong problem solving skills
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to
diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one
we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients,
colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded
in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of
integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships
continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a
subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading
diversified financial services companies.
In order to be hired and work at City National Bank, you must be
fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: City National Bank, Beverly Hills , Portfolio Mgr Assoc, Other , Beverly Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!