Male Public Area Attendant
Company: Maybourne Beverly Hills Hotel
Location: Beverly Hills
Posted on: May 3, 2022
Job DescriptionMale Public Area AttendantSUMMARY: The Public
Area Attendant is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and
overall appearance of the Pool and back of house areas. This
position plays an integral role in the Housekeeping team. This role
will contribute to the organization as an active business partner
that is responsible for supporting the company's goals and
objectives. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSJob duties include; although are not
- Removing trash, emptying trash cans
- Clean lobby areas
- Remove all cushion covers when stained and bring down to
laundry to get washed
- Ensure all cushions are in place
- Ensure all cushion covers are stain free
- Ensure all lounge beds are set before pool opens with lounge
covers and pool towels
- Ensure all umbrellas are open
- Ensure all cabanas are clean
- Routine thorough cleaning of guest corridors including all
fittings and surfaces.
- Keeping pantries tidy, correctly stacked according to the
labels on the shelves.
- Removing trash from work areas to the loading dock/dumpster and
removing trash and linen from guestrooms, cleaning carts and
- Maintaining cleanliness of guest corridors and Residential
corridors; sweeping and washing floors, vacuuming carpet, washing
walls, dusting furniture, fixtures, and pictures frames, credenzas,
cleaning elevator and elevator tracks.
- Cleaning public spaces corridors by vacuuming, cleaning
mirrors, credenzas, elevators, removing smudges from walls and
- Reporting any shortages or other discrepancies to the
appropriate manager or supervisor.
- Maintaining each storage and distribution area ensuring they
are clean and organized.
- Distributing linen and supplies to designated areas in the
hotel in accordance with established par levels in each area.
- Delivering miscellaneous goods and supplies to guestrooms and
delivering linen and supplies to guest common areas.
- Preparing and delivering rollaways and cribs within time frame
established. Delivering special request items such as but no
limited to: microwaves, refrigerators, air purifiers, fans or the
drop off and delivery of guest laundry.
- The cleaning and removing of rollaways, cribs, microwaves,
refrigerators, air purifiers, fans or any other requested
- Make frequent rounds of your assigned area, emptying ashtrays,
straining ash urns, and picking up any debris that may have
accumulated on tables and floors.
- Check and disinfect the elevators to be certain that they are
clean. Empty and clean ashtrays, vacuum carpeting, and dust and mop
- Disinfect all public telephone booths, including floors, glass
doors, elevators' buttons, door handles, sinks, and but not limited
to high touch surfaces
- Dust light fixtures, pictures, walls, and all areas requiring
- Dust and vacuum all chairs and sofas in the assigned areas
- Dust, disinfect and wipe all light fixtures at twice per
- Reporting defects in common areas. Report any maintenance
issues to the Coordinator or Supervisor. They will direct this to
Engineering to take care of and will follow up once completed.
- To carry out any other cleaning duties as specified by
- To report to the Housekeeping Managers any suspicious persons
- To maintain the corridors for which they are responsible each
day to the highest possible standard of cleanliness and good
- To behave in a quiet and polite manner at all times.
- To assist in any way that may be necessary to ensure the
efficiency and smooth running of the Housekeeping Department.
- Reporting to Housekeeping management prior to any overtime
- Promoting a positive image of the property by displaying a
pleasant and upbeat personality during each guest interaction and
being comfortable responding to and carrying out specific guest
needs and requests.
- Ensuring the confidentiality and security of all
- Performing additional duties as assigned that may be outside
the normal scope of duties based on business needs.
- Prior hospitality experience preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent education preferred
- Flexibility to scheduling: A house person may be scheduled at
any shift based on business demands. This includes but not limited
to weekends, holidays, nights shifts, over night shifts, mid-shifts
or back to back shifts. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:Must be able to stand
and exert well -paced mobility for up to 7 hours in length. Must be
able to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular and continuing basis. Must
be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250lbs,
occasionally. Must be able to bend stoop, squat and stretch to
fulfil cleaning/ inspection tasks. Requires grasping, writing,
sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening
and hearing ability and visual acuity. Talking and hearing occur
continuously in the process of communication with guests,
supervisors and other employees. Requires manual dexterity to use
and operate all necessary equipment.
Keywords: Maybourne Beverly Hills Hotel, Beverly Hills , Male Public Area Attendant, Other , Beverly Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!