Mortgage Loan Representative
Company: Mechanics Bank
Location: Beverly Hills
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Mechanics Bank is currently searching for a Mortgage Loan
Representative for our San Francsico, CA Branch.
- This can also sit in our Walnut Creek, Beverly Hills,
Roseville, Santa Rosa, Santa Barbara or Chico locations.
Originates new mortgage lending business for the bank, including
conventional residential mortgage and a strong portfolio product
line. Develops effective referral sources to generate loans.
Coordinates loan processing and underwriting functions to ensure
customer loans are closed and funded in a timely manner, and are in
compliance with banking and government regulations. Professionally
represents the bank in the community and refers clients for other
banking services as appropriate. Keeps informed on trends and
developments in the local real estate market as well as the
changing rules and regulations pertaining to both private and
What you will do:
- Develops and maintains relationships with referral sources such
as realtors, and builders/contractors, to increase mortgage lending
- Developing and maintaining internal relationships to create
cross-sell opportunities by leveraging the mortgage
- Calls on prospective customers and explains loan products and
- Interviews applicant and requests specific information for
mortgage loan application.
- Analyzes applicant financial status, credit and property
evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan. Works with
underwriting to ensure all questions are answered and/or to resolve
mortgage related problems.
- Corresponds with or interviews applicant or others (e.g.
creditors) to resolve questions regarding applicant
- Submits loan package to underwriting and coordinates necessary
activities for obtaining approval.
- Coordinates activities with loan processor and
customer/borrower to ensure that proper documentation and
verification is obtained.
- Works with the funding department to ensure that the loan is
- Prepares required reports for department administrative
- Mortgage Loan Representative positions are expected to adhere
to Bank policies and procedures designed to comply with the
S.A.F.E. Act regulations.
- In addition, Mortgage Loan Representatives must register under
the S.A.F.E. Act and ensure their registration is kept current
while acting as an originator of home secured loan (home equity
loans and lines of credit).
- Performs all other job duties as assigned by supervisor
Who you are:
- Possess excellent human relations, communications and business
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is highly preferred.
- Experience with Encompass is highly preferred.
- Ability to work effectively without direct supervision.
- Possess effective time management and organizational
- Demonstrates teamwork in facilitating workflow. High level of
cooperation with others and is responsive to the Bank's needs.
- Exemplary motivation, enthusiasm, professionalism and team
- Demonstrates with excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to cope with pressure resulting from meeting required
deadlines, reporting requirements and training
- Exhibit high degree of professionalism and confidentiality in
handling and having access to sensitive information.
- Must be able to travel throughout bank's footprint to perform
required duties (less than 25%)
- Proficient with MS Office and the Internet
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent With minimum 1-3 years of
related experience required. Residential mortgage lending in a
similar environment. Must have current knowledge of residential
mortgage lending policies, practices and applicable
- Mechanics Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion,
national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, or on
the basis of disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or
other bases prohibited by applicable law.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by
- To learn more about Mechanics Bank's California privacy and
security policies, including your right to a Notice At Collection
as a California Resident, please visit https://www.mechanicsbank.com/California-Consumer-Residents
Keywords: Mechanics Bank, Beverly Hills , Mortgage Loan Representative, Other , Beverly Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!