Exceptional, Bilingual (Spanish) Medical Assistant/Complex Procedure Coordinator
Company: Beverly Hills Advanced Pain And Spine
Location: Beverly Hills
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Join a leading specialty medical practice in the Beverly Hills
area in a role that combines customer service, patient care, and
problem solving. Our clinic's medical care is second to none, but
we are also known for providing a superb patient experience.
Some of our procedures are highly complex-both surgically and in
terms of pre-operative logistics. We are creating the new position
of Complex Procedure Coordinator to help facilitate our complex
procedures to ensure that patients are able to proceed with the
treatment they need without any complications or delays. In
addition to regular Medical Assistant duties, this position
requires you to become an expert about a handful of surgeries, so
that you can discuss them with patients, ensure that prerequisites
are completed prior to surgery, and problem solve when something is
out of the norm.
We are seeking a talented and motivated individual who thrives in a
fast-paced environment. Please note that we only hire the best of
the best. This role has been a launchpad for individuals who go on
medical school, PA school, and other prestigious programs, but it
is not just a nice position for your resume-our team works very
hard and our patients will be counting on you!
Only native (or native-equivalent) Spanish speakers will be
considered. Roughly half of the patients you interact with will be
Spanish speakers. You will need to converse with Spanish-speakers
on a daily basis, including translate for our physicians and
discussing complex medical concepts in Spanish, so only native (or
native-equivalent) Spanish speakers will succeed in this role.
We need a long-term team member who can commit to working with us
for at least a year and hopefully much longer! While we welcome
applicants with plans to apply to medical school or other higher
education, you must not be applying for a program that starts
earlier than July 2022. We also very much welcome applicants
looking for a long-term career with us-there are substantial
opportunities for growth for the right individuals.
Job Type: Full-time
Starting Salary: $18.00 to $23.00 per hour
Start Date: The sooner the better, but we do have some flexibility.
We will consider exceptional candidates who are able to start as
late as June 1st.
- Perform clinical intakes in person and over the phone: discuss
patients' histories and complaints while taking detailed notes;
present your patients to the doctor
- Document/scribe the doctor's consultation with each
patient-including careful notation of clinical findings,
recommendations, and referrals-during each patient visit
- Follow through after each visit by entering recommendations,
orders, and prescriptions into our system, and answering patients'
- Keep a close eye on the multistep, individually customized
process that patients must complete before proceeding with surgery
(e.g., pre-operative clearance/labs/EKG, psychological clearance,
specialist clearances, imaging, etc.).
- Coordinate closely with other medical offices, law firms, and
patients/family members to ensure the best patient care
- Establish excellent relationships with patients and become
their primary point of contact for questions about procedures,
referrals, clearances, and other recommendations
- Occasional research projects and possible opportunity to
participate in research studies once established in position
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Medical Director,
Director of Operations, and Patient Care Coordinator Key Qualities:
- Fluency in Spanish is required (native or
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including
grammar and vocabulary
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- High energy, inquisitive, and logical
- Ability to excel while working both independently and as part
of a team
- Well put-together appearance that projects the healthy
lifestyle promoted by our clinic
- Curiosity and interest in medical conditions and
- Positive attitude, "people skills," and a great work ethic
- Able to lift at least 25 pounds unassisted
- Consistent attendance: 40 to 45 hour work week, Monday to
Friday (some very occasional weekend hours with advanced notice)
- Bachelor's Degree with minimum 3.3 GPA from a top tier school
(UCLA, USC, CalTech, Pomona, UC Berkeley, Stanford, or comparable).
Applicants from any field of study are welcome.
- Full-time work experience (especially experience at a specialty
medical practice) is certainly valued but not required. We are an
Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome applications from all
suitably qualified persons.
Keywords: Beverly Hills Advanced Pain And Spine, Beverly Hills , Exceptional, Bilingual (Spanish) Medical Assistant/Complex Procedure Coordinator, Other , Beverly Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!