Cloud Solutions Architect - Google Cloud Platform & AWS
Company: iSpace, Inc
Location: Beverly Hills
Posted on: February 20, 2021
In this role as a Cloud Solutions Architect, you must understand
and leverage Google Cloud Platform (Google Cloud Platform) and
Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud environments to develop workflows
and applications that enable creative teams to work from anywhere,
collaborate, render, transcode, and deliver media assets to
internal and external integrated systems. You will be our go to
person for engineering recommendations regarding cloud-based
workflows and architectures in reference to managing and
distributing Sports, Entertainment and News content to broadcast
facilities.You will collaborate with multiple departments to
implement cloud-based solutions and workflows for our creatives,
bridge knowledge gaps between teams, proactively identify
inefficiencies and improvements, and develop solutions. You will
support the team in an Agile/Scrum software development lifecycle
to develop applications running in a fully automated DevOps, Cloud,
and Micro Services based environment The ideal candidate will work
with business partners to identify requirements, architect and
implement scalable solutions using a combination of on-premise
infrastructure, Cloud Native technologies, Google Cloud Platform
(Google Cloud Platform), and AWS services.
- These applications are primarily on Java and NodeJS technology
stacks in an environment utilizing GIT, Jenkins, Docker
containerization and virtualization, and Terraform.
- The candidate is expected to coordinate and collaborate with
team members in requirement gathering, research of scalable
analytic techniques, software development, software documentation,
and technology roadmaps.
- The ideal candidate can provide the pros and cons of solutions,
roadmap a plan for incremental progress, identify and solve
problems relating to scale, security, analytics, and ongoing
- The ideal candidate should have some working background in the
graphics and media creation process and some working knowledge of
the tools, process, and methods used by artists and animators.
- Drive architecture strategies and provide architectural designs
to implement and improve resilient, scalable solutions for artist
to collaborate, create, and deliver digital assets.
- Use deep technical and working knowledge of Google Cloud
Platform (Google Cloud Platform) ecosystem to help teams work
on-premises and remotely across multiple regions. Including virtual
desktop, VPC, tiered storage, and network
- Use knowledge of the AWS ecosystem including tools, SDKs, IDE
Toolkits, and Command Line Tools to facilitate the integration
between Google Cloud Platform and AWS where needed.
- Help cross functional teams in the understanding of performance
limitations in the cloud as it relates to storage, networking, and
- Collaborate with internal teams to proactively develop scalable
solutions for storage, file transfers, rendering and transcoding of
- Develop long range architecture strategy and roadmaps including
scope and cost estimation.
- Lead project architecture reports and choices as well as works
with IT and non-technology stakeholders to understand business
- Collaborate with other cross-functional teams to architect,
design, develop, test, and release software features.
- Support multiple Agile Scrum teams with planning, scoping and
creation of technical solutions for new product capabilities,
through to continuous delivery to production.
- Drives a common architectural point of view across teams, and
- Create and present deliverables such as detailed design
- Assists team members with problem resolution and environment
- 10+ years of IT industry experience, preferably within
- 8+ years in enterprise scale cloud environments
- Experienced at leading website operations
- Demonstrable expertise in Google Cloud Platform (Google Cloud
- Demonstrable working knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Working knowledge of digital asset management systems and
concepts (eg: metadata, transcoding, search, security)
- Some knowledge of the graphics and media creation process
including some of the common tools and challenges used in the
industry (eg: collaboration and approval, rendering, Adobe)
- Understanding and experience with various types of file storage
systems and file transfers tools and methods (eg: Aspera, StorNext,
block and object storage)
- Deep technical skills with websites and be capable of serving
as a subject matter expert
- Strong presentation skills and command of oral/written
- 5+ years technical team leadership or management
- Available to work nights and weekends as needed. EDUCATION &
- Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science / Engineering
or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of software development experience with Java
- At least 3 years of experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Please send resume as a Word attachment with all contact
information and LinkedIn profile URL. A current, active LinkedIn
profile that matches the resume is required!Thank you in advance
for your reply! Linda Yeh - provided by Dice
Keywords: iSpace, Inc, Beverly Hills , Cloud Solutions Architect - Google Cloud Platform & AWS, Other , Beverly Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!