Location: Beverly Hills
Posted on: October 18, 2020
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to proper resource allocation and coordination. Ensuring
maximum efficiency in the use of personnel; controlling
departmental supply expenses. Manage and share daily workload; use
time wisely, providing a productive atmosphere.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of test methodologies and quality
- Monitor specimen preparation and test analyses to ensure that
acceptable levels of analytic performance (external and internal
quality controls) are maintained.
- Ensure all instrument maintenance is performed and documented;
administer all established quality control procedures and
troubleshoot instruments effectively when appropriate.
- Assist in the review, interpretation and reporting of test
- Assure that all remedial actions are taken whenever test systems
deviate from the established performance specifications.
- Provide orientation and training to all testing personnel.
- Perform, evaluate and document employee competency.
- Perform, evaluate and document employee performance
- Develop, write, review and implement procedures and policies, as
approved by Director or Manager.
- Assures laboratory functions in a manner consistent with
laboratory, CLIA and local regulations.
- Prepare laboratory for inspections and prepare reports as
- Demonstrate technical expertise and perform duties of clinical
laboratory technologist, as needed.
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the
daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed
and corrected immediately.
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and
- Maintain good communication with leadership, team members, and
- Demonstrate an awareness of client expectations and seek ways to
- Demonstrate proficiency in all laboratory computer related
- Other duties as assigned.
Must meet qualifications established by CLIA for General Supervisor
CFR Subpart M -493.1461
- MD or PhD, MS, BS Degree in chemical, physical, biological or
clinical laboratory science or medical technology AND
- Have at least 1 year of laboratory training or experience, or
both in high complexity testing
- Have at least 6 months clinical molecular biology experience
- Be detail oriented, organized, with excellent verbal and written
- Good, accurate computer skills
- Able to work effectively and able to deliver on tight
- Hold a current California Laboratory Personnel License (CLS
generalist or CLS Microbiology) or California Public Health MLE
Certificate, highly preferred
- Previous Supervisory experience in a clinical laboratory setting
- Hands on technical expertise in Infectious Disease testing highly
- Experience with high throughput sample testing especially with
RNA Extraction highly desired
- Experience with LIMS and laboratory automation highly desired
- Clinical Public Health Laboratory environment; exposure to blood
borne pathogens; must wear personal protective equipment including
lab coat, gloves and completely closed footwear.
- Employee may be requested to work shifts other than daylight
depending on the needs of the laboratory.
- Weekend rotation may be required.
- Travel is not required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, use a keyboard, type, and occasionally
stand and move to other parts of the lab.
- Must have manual dexterity to use lab equipment.
- Reach above/below the shoulder, bend at the knees and waist.
- Able to lift boxes up to 25 pounds
TechnologistsNothing in this job description restricts management's
right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at this
Keywords: PerkinElmer, Beverly Hills , Extraction Supervisor, Other , Beverly Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!