Performs preventative andcorrective maintenance procedures on
material handling equipment to include butnot limited to material
handling equipment, powered equipment, and physicalbuilding
structures. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Trouble shoot and repair material handlingequipment including
sorters and conveyors. • Identify problems requiringoutside vendors
and inform the Manager or Supervisor.
• Performs preventative maintenance onmaterial handling
equipment, including daily systems inspections of
mechanical,hydraulic and electrical components. Reports any
problems to the Manager orSupervisor.
• Utilize the computerized maintenancemanagement system.
Monitors, reports, and documents the usage and replacementof
equipment and parts.
• Able to read and diagnose electricalproblems utilizing
• Maintains a safe work environment. Reportspotential safety
concerns. Cleans work areas and the maintenance shop.
• Maintains and troubleshoots PLCs.
• Knowledge of 3Phase, 48OV, 277V, 24OV,Single Phase 120V, 12V
and transformers for equipment and the building.
• Understand operations and function ofelectrical components
such as relays, contactors, starters, fuses, capacitors,and
• Monitor report and document the usage andreplacement of spare
• Apply standard, safe electrical practicesusing proven methods
and NEC Code.
• Install wiring, conduit, and otherelectrical distribution
• Knowledge of operation and safe storagepractices of ARC and
MIG welding equipment to include OXY/ACETYLENE, and PLASMAwelding
• Maintain a safe working environment at alltimes.
• Regular, dependableattendance and punctuality.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Associates degree or higher preferred.
• Must possess proficient knowledge andcontinuous adherence of
OSHA, State and Local safety standards and the MLSafety program
• Strong verbal and written communicationskills to interface
with colleagues and vendors.
• Basic math functions such as addition,subtraction,
multiplication, and division.
• Mustbe able to work independently with minimal
• This position involves regular walking,standing, sitting,
hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping,kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision,depth perception, focus
• May involve moving or lifting items up to 25pounds.
• Sense of urgency and the ability to workindependently.
• Works harmoniously and effectively withothers as part of a
• Ability to work a flexible schedule basedon department and
This job description is not all inclusive.Macy’s Inc. reserves
the right to amend this job description at any time.Macy's Inc. is
an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse andinclusive