Sr. Vice President, Legal and Business Affairs, Distribution, Marketing & Operations
Company: (MGM) Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Location: Beverly Hills
Posted on: September 23, 2022
This website is AudioEye enabled and is being optimized for
accessibility. To open the AudioEye Toolbar, press "shift + =".
Some assistive technologies may require the use of a passthrough
function before this keystroke. For more information, activate the
button labeled "Explore your accessibility options". Sr. Vice
President, Legal and Business Affairs, Distribution, Marketing &
Operations - #609- VAN Beverly Hills , CA Level of Experience
Director/Executive Full-time Full-time Area of Interest Legal Job
Title Sr. Vice President, Legal and Business Affairs, Distribution,
Marketing & Operations Job Description Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios
Inc. ("MGM") is seeking a Senior Vice President, Business and Legal
Affairs to join its Distribution, Marketing & Operations Business
and Legal Affairs team and handle a wide range of business and
legal affairs matters in the distribution, exploitation and
marketing of MGM's film and television properties worldwide.
- Structuring, negotiating, and drafting a variety of
distribution, licensing, and marketing agreements, including
international theatrical distribution agreements, non-theatrical
and repertory distribution agreements, home entertainment
agreements, promotion agreements, media agency agreements,
acquisition and licensing agreements, master services agreements,
post-production services agreements, live based entertainment
agreements, and other distribution and marketing-related
- Providing legal support, on a variety of campaigns/activations
in traditional and digital/social media, including but not limited
to, co-promotions and sponsorships, brand/media integrations,
influencer promotions, promotional screenings and other events,
promotional shoots, sizzle reels, decks/presentations, and
merchandising, as well as s tructuring, reviewing and drafting
sweepstakes and contest rules and review supporting marketing
materials for MGM and partner sponsored promotions .
- Managing legal matters in the course of exploitation and
marketing, including the development of legal forms and
- Preparing and conducting trainings to increase legal acumen
across business teams.
- Providing strategic legal and business guidance to stakeholders
of all seniority levels with respect to new business
- Interfacing on a day-to-day basis with various internal groups
(marketing, communications, publicity, IP, litigation, production,
labor, post-production, etc.) and marketing partners as
- Analyzing and interpreting contracts and providing thoughtful
legal advice on potential risks and issues in a wide range of legal
areas, including contractual obligations, intellectual property
issues, guild issues, and other matters.
- Evaluating underlying rights, talent and chain-of-title
- Interfacing with outside counsel as necessary. Basic
- J.D. from an accredited law school.
- 10+ years of day-to-day experience drafting and negotiating
- 10+ years of experience handling distribution and marketing
legal affairs at a studio or production company. Preferred
- Law firm experience is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of intellectual property licensing and
- Strong legal acumen.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent ability to evaluate issues and propose/implement
- Excellent interpersonal skills and resourcefulness.
- Ability to work quickly and independently. Pursuant to the Los
Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment
qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Keywords: (MGM) Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Beverly Hills , Sr. Vice President, Legal and Business Affairs, Distribution, Marketing & Operations, Legal , Beverly Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!