Veterans Preferred - Team Leader Credit ENT
Company: City National Bank
Location: Beverly Hills
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. Job Details: TEAM LEADER
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Participates in the loan management process by providing credit and
loan underwriting expertise to a team of Entertainment Banking Team
Leaders and Relationship Managers. Provides credit product
expertise in an advisory capacity and ensures all due diligence and
background evaluation is complete and thorough before credit
approval is granted. Provides workflow oversight and delegates team
assignments. Responsible for evaluating and approving or declining
credit requests within their authority in order to ensure that the
quality of the portfolios of assigned lending unit is consistent
with the goals of the Bank
Entertainment Banking Division
Make your mark as a member of City National's Entertainment Banking
group. You will help deliver sophisticated financial solutions
through white-glove service to people and organizations in every
facet of the entertainment business. City National has been a
fixture in entertainment banking for more than 60 years, setting
ourselves apart with in-depth expertise and knowledge of the
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- 50%-70% Staff Supervision
- Manages workflow and priorities in conjunction with or in the
absence of the Credit Manager. Determines and assigns work
assignments to team of Credit Officers and Credit Analysts based on
experience, availability, and portfolio complexity and size.
- Provides technical guidance to and reviews the work of less
experienced Credit Officers and Credit Analysts. Guides and assists
the Credit Officers and Credit Analysts in research, credit
structuring, financial analysis, etc. for complex accounts.
- Responds to questions or inquiries from internal and external
clients concerning credit policies, procedures, structuring, etc.
before it is elevated, if necessary, to the Credit Manager.
- Monitors performance, gives on-going performance feedback and
participates in conducting effective performance appraisals.
Trains, coaches, counsels and provides general direction and
guidance to staff.
- Develops and motivates team members; identifies staff
development needs and provides educational/training
- Assists the Credit Manager in departmental reporting of past
dues, portfolio reviews, etc.
- 30%-50% Portfolio Management
- Evaluates and examines credit requests in order to assess
credit worthiness including loan quality, credit risk
classification, loan structure, collateral analysis, pricing and
adherence to Bank policies. Approves or declines credit requests
within assigned authority. Analyzes and recommends
approval/declination of credit requests which exceed assigned
- Attends client meetings at Relationship Manager, Team Manager
or Credit Manager's request to facilitate delivery of the credit
product and/or or assist in problem resolution.
- Provides balanced and appropriate credit guidance to
Relationship and Team Manager and collaborates in determining
appropriate credit strategy.
- Provides input to the Relationship Manager and Team Manager
when loan pricing does not appear to reflect inherent risk in
subject transaction. Pricing may be either too high or to low.
- Manages the financial analysis and preparation of the CRR. This
includes ensuring that the CRR contains a well-supported
recommendation or decision; the risk rating is correct and
supported; and the data and analytics used to support the decision
are accurate and calculated correctly.
- Collaborates with team members by providing credit alternatives
and creative ways to structure credits ensuring that transactions
are within profitability and portfolio risk standards. Authors
credit approval memorandum.
- Restructures loans and/or lines of credit as required. Assumes
accountability for minimizing Bank losses.
- Manages team delinquencies both matured loans and past due
- Have primary role in early problem loan identification and the
timely and accurate changes in loan grades. Monitors and takes
initiative to respond to past dues based on information provided by
the Relationship Manager.
- Performs quarterly financial reviews of client's financial
condition including monitoring covenants and conditions.
Communicates and discusses findings with the Relationship Manager
and Team Manager, where necessary.
- Performs portfolio reviews and responds to questions raised in
internal and external audits and examinations.
- Works with Credit Administration to facilitate an accurate and
timely credit decision and optimal credit strategy.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge on all Bank lending policies and
regulations. Confers with the Manager and appropriate Bank
personnel regarding new/existing lending requirements and
- Acts in accordance with Bank' credit culture and
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 8 years experience in underwriting medium to large
sized and moderately-complex commercial credit required.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a banking or financial
services environment required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience in underwriting large and complex commercial and
private banking loans which require extensive technical expertise
and full knowledge of credit principles, financial concepts and
regular use of ingenuity and creativity in solving complex credit
- Solutions are thorough, and require analysis, interpretation,
and evaluation of financial statements, cash flow analysis,
familiarity with the entertainment industry, collateral issues and
values, loan structuring and guarantor personal financial
statements and tax returns.
- College degree in Business Administration or a related
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Highly knowledgeable in commercial credit policies and
- Strong credit analysis and accounting skills
- Excellent ability to communicate skillfully and effectively in
both verbal/written forms
- Ability to assume responsibility and accountability for
- Ability to work well independently and in teams and interact
effectively with all levels of Bank personnel and outside contacts
Good organizational skills
- Preferred entertainment and entertainment related industries
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to
diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one
we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients,
colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in
1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of
integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships
continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a
subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading
diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: City National Bank, Beverly Hills , Veterans Preferred - Team Leader Credit ENT, Hospitality & Tourism , Beverly Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!