Wound Ostomy RN - Per Diem
Location: Beverly Hills
Posted on: March 8, 2023
No Information Available at this time.
- Provides follow-up and interventions to patients diagnosed with
ostomies, draining wounds, fistulae, or skin breakdown secondary to
pressure, incontinence, venous hypertension, arterial
insufficiency, trauma, surgery or diabetic neuropathy and other
related skin issues.
- Provides direct patient care counseling of individuals
anticipating surgery which may result in the creation of a stoma,
individualized instruction for those who have an abdominal stoma
for the diversion of stool or urine, or assessment and treatment
recommendations for the above stated skin breakdown
- Assists patient through continuum of care for management of
- Evaluates new and currently used products for ostomy,
continence and wound care.
- Makes recommendations to patients in obtaining related
- Assesses individual patient needs and goals, and provides
educational programs to physicians, nursing, and other paramedical
professionals on ostomy/wound care management and self-care
- Conducts continuing educational programs for physicians and
nursing personnel. This helps provide current standards of practice
for ostomy patients.
- Provides patient/family teaching and education regarding
ostomy/wound care and self-management.Basic
- Minimum one (1) year previous clinical nursing experience as a
Registered Nurse in caring for patients with abdominal stomas,
draining wounds, fistulas, and pressure sores ulcers.Education
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Completion of an accredited Wound, Ostomy, Continence Nursing
(WOCN) program.License, Certification, Registration
- Current CA RN license.
- AHA BLS.
- Current Board Certification in Wound (CWCN) and Ostomy (COCN)
- PODIATRY - only current Board Certification in Wound (CWCN)
Nursing is required. -Additional Requirements:
- Demonstrated knowledge of pediatric and adult patient teaching
- Demonstrated knowledge of the gastrointestinal, genitourinary
and integumentary systems including pathophysiology.
- Effective communication skills.
- Fine motor dexterity. -Preferred Qualifications:
- Current Board Certification in Wound, Ostomy, Continence
Nursing (CWOCN).Job Schedule: Job Category: Nursing Licensed &
Keywords: Kaiser, Beverly Hills , Wound Ostomy RN - Per Diem, Healthcare , Beverly Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...