Patient Contact Nurse, RN
Location: Beverly Hills
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Are you ready to bring your clinical competencies to a
world-class Medical Group known for the very highest clinical
standards? Do you have a passion for the highest quality and
patient satisfaction? Then please respond to this dynamic
opportunity available with one of the best places to work in
Southern California! We would be happy to hear from you.The
Cedars-Sinai Medical Network is committed to helping primary care
and specialist physicians provide excellent care to all their
patients, who benefit from convenient access to primary and
specialty care physicians and seamless coordination of care between
them. As a part of Cedars-Sinai, our physicians and staff are
partners in quality health care from a medical center that is
consistently recognized as one of the finest hospitals in the
country. For the 8th consecutive year, we have been named one of
the top 20 Physician Groups in Southern California by Integrated
Healthcare Associates (IHA).The Patient Contact Nurse provides
indirect registered nursing care through the use of
telecommunication technologies within the scope of nursing
practice. Applies best practice nursing standards in the delivery
of patient care through nursing triage, assessment, prioritization,
consultation, and referral to the appropriate level of care to our
patients.Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Triages patient calls which allows for immediate response to
symptoms, such as chest pain, or can advise care
- Responds to patient messages within the appropriate timeframe
determined by supervisor.
- Assesses, screens, provides patient education, and may provide
recommendations over the phone with defined protocols.
- Supports ACET clinical care by being a direct resource for
telephone calls that require assessment that is outside of the
scope for the ACET teams.
- Manages provider in-basket messages.
- Performs direct patient care in assigned department, as
- Communicates status of patients to doctors and clinical
- Delegates work to clinical and non-clinical personnel and
- Coordinates the delivery of care within the practice
- Uses electronic medical records (EMR) to acquire patient
history and document patient care.
- Practices in-depth knowledge in all aspects of nursing care
and/or knowledge in the management of care for patients.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Valid CA RN license required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) - American Heart Association (AHA) or
American Red Cross (ARC) Certification requiredExperience:
- 3 years of Nursing experience minimum
- 1 year Triage nursing or related experience preferred
Working Title:Patient Contact Nurse, RN
Department:Access - Care Experience Team
Business Entity:Medical Network Foundation
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Keywords: CEDARS-SINAI, Beverly Hills , Patient Contact Nurse, RN, Healthcare , Beverly Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!