Pharmacist - Medical Network
Location: Beverly Hills
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Make a difference every single day! -At Cedars-Sinai, we're
motivated by a collective spirit of innovation and the challenge to
continuously improve. Above all, we share a real passion for
helping others. Day after day, from department to department, our
people give their all to create a community unlike any other. This
is just one of the many reasons U.S. News & World Report has named
us one of America's Best Hospitals-and now we invite you to join us
and make a difference every single day in service of this
outstanding work - perfection and innovation in patient care,
research, and community service. From working with a team of
dedicated professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities,
you'll have phenomenal resources to do something incredible-for
yourself, and for others.The Ambulatory Pharmacist at the
Cedars-Sinai Medical Network -will assist in providing for clinical
pharmacy services in all pharmacist-managed programs at
Cedars-Sinai Medical Network and ensuring patient safety and the
highest quality of care is delivered.What's this role all
- Providing therapeutic recommendations and answering medication
and patient-related questions from other healthcare providers.
- Identifies, resolves, and prevents potential and actual
medication-related problems including untreated indications,
improper drug selection, sub-therapeutic dosage, overdosage,
failure to receive medication, adverse drug reactions, drug
interactions, and medications without indication.
- Provide patients' and other healthcare providers with education
on medication use, side effects, and drug interactions when
- Connect with physicians and pharmacists to recommend changes in
medication therapy to optimize patient outcomes (i.e. labs not at
goal, discontinuation of medication).
- Support the process of completing medication prior
authorizations as needed.
- Documentation of patient progress and outcomes for future
- Ongoing performance improvement of the pharmaceutical care
- Providing physician education through presentations and
"Pharmacy Hot Topics" Cedars-Sinai Medical Group internal monthly
- Training pharmacy residents and students rotating through
- Actively participate in meetings within the department.
- - -Educational Requirements:
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD)Licenses:
- Pharmacist License: Current California license required upon
- BLS required within 180 daysWhat else are we looking for?
- Comprehensive knowledge of medical terminology as related to
- Current eligibility to obtain an NPI
- Ability to comprehend patient medical management plans.
- Comprehensive knowledge of common disease states, pathologies
and ability to apply current pharmacological and biopharmaceutical
- Prefer to have completed PGY1 or PGY2 pharmacy residency or
equivalent (2-3 years) clinical experience.
- Eligibility to obtain a DEA numberPhysical Demands:
- Sitting, Typing, Standing -
Working Title:Pharmacist - Medical Network
Business Entity:Medical Network Foundation
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Keywords: CEDARS-SINAI, Beverly Hills , Pharmacist - Medical Network, Healthcare , Beverly Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!