Group Lead, Phlebotomist IV
Company: Quest Diagnostics
Location: Beverly Hills
Posted on: June 25, 2022
This position requires you to have a state phlebotomy license.
-(Quest does not accept -NHA licenses -in CA, WA, NV). -Group Lead,
PS IV (Phleb) - -Beverly Hills, CA - Monday-Friday -8:00am-5:00pm
(Rotational Saturday)$1500 Sign on BonusProof of COVID-19
vaccination will be required, which must include the primary doses
and the booster dose if eligible - exemptions from vaccination
requirement for medical and religious reasons will be considered if
a conditional offer of employment is extended.Job Summary The
Patient Service Representative IV - Group Lead (PSR IV - Group
Lead) represents the face of our company to patients who come to
Quest Diagnostics, both as part of their health routine or for
insights into life-defining health decisions. - The PSR IV must
have a deep understanding and knowledge of established practices
and procedures and creates an atmosphere of trust and confidence to
our patients, customers, clients and internal leadership. The PSR
IV must ensure that daily work of the Patient Service
Center/Mobile/Long Term Care/In-Office Phlebotomy is completed
accurately and on time. - The PSR IV is also responsible in
providing the Supervisor or Functional Patient Services Manager
with Patient, Client, Field, Compliance, Training, Metrics and
Administrative support as needed in the Patient Service Region. The
PSR IV must function as a backup to the Patient Services Supervisor
and carry out duties and responsibilities in his/her absence. - The
PSR IV demonstrates Quest Leadership Behaviors while focusing on
process excellence skills and sensitivity to confidentiality and
accuracy to patient information. This role is held accountable for
Patient Service Center (PSC) and/or In-Office Phlebotomy (IOP)
activity in the territory, including opening and closing both PSCs
and IOP locations. - Successful applicants may be assigned to work
and direct daily activity in a doctor's office, a patient service
center, in a house call environment, long term care or as business
needs dictate. - Will be required to act as a coach, mentor,
instructor, and resource advisor for new employees and provide
effective onboarding services to new clients. - They will also act
as a point of contact to staff in the region and provide regular
input to the Supervisor or Functional Patient Service Manager. In
addition, the PSR IV must portray leadership capabilities and a
higher level of customer facing skills including; verbal and
written communications, problem solving, and collaboration with
multiple functions, such as: Sales, Laboratory Testing Services, IT
connectivity, Billing, and Logistics due to their specialty and or
complex test orders. The PSR IV must be capable of handling
multiple priorities in a high volume setting.Job Accountabilities
- Collect specimens according to established procedures. - This
includes, but not limited to: drug screens, biometric screening and
- Administer oral solutions according to established
- Research test/client information and confirm and verify all
written and electronic orders by utilizing lab technology systems
or directory of services.
- Responsible for completing all data entry requirements
accurately including data entry of patient registration; entry of
test order from requisition or pulling order from database;
managing Standing Orders.
- Enter billing information and collect payments when required,
including the safeguarding of assets and credit card
- Data entry and processing specimens including: labeling,
centrifuging, splitting, and freezing specimens as required by test
- Perform departmental-related clerical duties when assigned such
as data entry, inventory, stock supplies, and answer phones when
- Read, understand and comply with departmental policies,
protocols and procedures: (i.e. Procedure Manuals, Safety Manual,
Compliance Manual, Automobile Policies and Procedures, Employee
Handbook, Quality Assurance Manual); and ensure that all staff
members follow instructions.
- Perform verification of patient demographic info / initials
including patient signature post-venipuncture to verify tubes were
labeled in their presence and that the name on the label is
- Assist with compilation and submission of monthly statistics
- Maintain all appropriate phlebotomy logs in a timely manner and
based on frequency, such as maintenance logs and temperature
- Complete training courses and keep up-to-date with the latest
- Travel to Territory Manager meeting if held off-site or off
- Participate on special projects and teams.
- Stay up-to-date on company communications and assist with the
distribution of technical information to the work group.
- Perform Point of Care (POC) testing at those sites where needed
and the complete training/competency evaluations per Standard
Operating Procedure (SOP).
- With appropriate training, act as mentor and resource for new
employees, assisting with transition into the PSC work environment
and the familiarity with established procedures.
- Assist with periodic inventory counts.
- Assist with the preparation of schedules for the assigned work
group or PSCs.
- Communicate professionally with clients to resolve or refer,
and document problems, prepare problem documentation and report
critical issues as they occur.
- Ensure staff is following all safety precautions by wearing a
clean, button lab coat, gloves and face shield when required.
- Assist supervisors with the implementation of SOPs and the
distribution of technical information and communication to the work
group in accordance with Quest Diagnostics guidelines.
- Ensure facilities are neat, clean and in good repair, take
appropriate action to advise Supervisor of required repairs and
- Will be required to act as a coach, mentor, instructor and
resource advisor for new employees, as well as be the point of
contact to staff on site and provide regular input to the
- Provide effective onboarding services to new clients.
- Partner with Supervisor to assist the transition process
setting up new offices for both PSCs and IOPs.
- Must be able to step in for a PSR III and lead one or more PSR
on site. - -
- Support Patient Inquiries from the website, Office of Chairman
and Managed Care, as needed.
- Support the Problem Resolution Line and could be called to the
field regarding a patient recollection, as needed.
- Provide input on the performance evaluations of the PSRs. Job
- Ability to provide quality, error free work in a fast-paced
- Ability to work independently with minimal on-site
- Excellent phlebotomy skills to include pediatric and
- Flexible and available based on staffing needs, which includes
weekends, holidays, on-call and overtime.
- Committed to all Quest Diagnostics policies and procedures
including company dress code, Employee Health & Safety, and Quest
Diagnostics Everyday Excellence Guiding Principles.
- Must be able to make decisions based on established procedures
and exercise good judgment.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver license, and
clean driving record, if applicable.
- Travel and flexible hours required to work multiple locations
and required to cover at Patient Service Center/Mobile/Long Term
Care/In-Office Phlebotomy locations with minimal notice.
- Capable of handling multiple priorities in a high volume
- Must demonstrate superior customer focus; ability to
communicate openly and transparently with peers, supervisors and
patients; ability to accelerate and embrace change throughout
Quest; and knowledge of our business.Physical Requirements -
- Lift light to moderately heavy objects. - The normal
performance of duties may require lifting and carrying objects. -
Objects in the weight range of 1 to 15 pounds are lifted and
carried frequently; objects in the weight range of 16 to 25 pounds
are lifted and carried occasionally and objects in the weight range
of 26 to 40 pounds are seldom lifted and carried. - Objects
exceeding 41 pounds are not to be lifted or carried without
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time; requires
long hours of eye and hand coordination.
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks with dominant hand
frequently to constantly throughout the day.
- Position requires travel. - - - - -
- Extensive use of phone and PC. - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Fine dexterity with hands/steadiness. -
- Talking. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Walking. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - -
- Balancing. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Bending/kneeling. - - - - - - - - - - -
- Reaching/twisting. - - - [All requirements are subject to
possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with
disabilities. - All duties and requirements are essential job
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Medical training: medical assistant or paramedic training
- Phlebotomy certification preferred. Required in California,
Nevada, and Washington. Work Experience
- Minimum seven years phlebotomy experience required, inclusive
of pediatric, geriatric and capillary collections.
- 5 to 7 years in a PSC/IOP environment preferred.
- Customer service in a retail or service environment
- Keyboard/data entry experience.req99313
Keywords: Quest Diagnostics, Beverly Hills , Group Lead, Phlebotomist IV, Healthcare , Beverly Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!