Sr. Director, Communications
Location: Beverly Hills
Posted on: August 7, 2022
WME is seeking a Senior Director, Communications to support
strategic communications activities for the agency, including media
relations, executive communications, and transactional client PR.
This role will work primarily with the agency's music, branding,
and digital businesses, but will also touch on all the agency's
divisions, including film, television, theater, and books. The role
will also contribute to communications about WME's social impact
work.You should be a strategic, thoughtful and savvy communications
professional with a background in and passion for the entertainment
industries, able to pivot easily between the transactional
(casting, development, signings) and strategic (larger WME
narrative).You must be detail-oriented, willing to do the work,
possess exceptional relationship-building skills, and enjoy working
in a highly iterative, agile and fast-paced environment. Must be
flexible and able to move quickly from one subject to another.
The role will report to WME's SVP of Communications based in
- Execute WME's corporate communication strategy across all
communications mediums, balancing a variety of clients, networks,
studios, and other partners on day-to-day business stories.
- Frame compelling narratives for WME, its divisions, agents and
executives through high-quality media placements in wide range of
- Craft press releases, pitches, and other PR materials on behalf
of agents, executives, and clients.
- Work with divisions to create executive communications programs
including media training, talking points, and thought-leader
conference strategy, with strategic eye on larger, company-wide
- Support crisis management communications, helping leaders
navigate high-intensity and reputation-impacting challenges.
- Support internal communications needs across WME's divisions
and offices, including providing counsel to senior executives,
liaising extensively with internal stakeholders, and managing
internal initiatives across time zones.
- Build and/or maintain relationships in the entertainment
industry with partners including music labels, studios, networks,
and production companies, etc. Engage your network to identify
external partnerships or programs that support WME's communication
- Senior-level experience in a communications role (7-10 years
- Crisis management experience
- Successful track record of high-impact media placements in
broad range of media - from entertainment trades to domestic and
international business press
- Exceptional writing and storytelling skills
- Extensive experience in client and executive relations,
including ability to toggle between consumer press for client media
relations matters and corporate press for individual agents,
executives, and the agency
- Established reputation and relationships with entertainment and
music business outlets, spanning trade media and entertainment
business contacts at top-tier newspapers, magazines, and digital
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse
and inclusive work environment.
Keywords: Endeavor, Beverly Hills , Sr. Director, Communications, Executive , Beverly Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!