Company: Cal Private Bank
Location: Beverly Hills
Posted on: May 14, 2022
CalPrivate Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to
diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. Job Title:
Portfolio Manager Department: Credit Administration Reports To:
Director of Portfolio Management FSLA Status: EXEMPT Job Summary
Under the guidance of the Director of Portfolio Management, this
position is responsible for the management of commercial lending
portfolios and respective borrower relationships, to maximize
recovery and mitigate loss. Provide an exemplary level of client
service on all commercial lending relationships, whether in a
primary or support role. The position may also assist Credit
Managers with loan renews. Duties and Responsibilities Portfolio
- Analyze problem loans and make recommendations to foreclose,
repossess, or liquidate collateral when applicable.
- Handle collections and charge-off accounts, assist lending
officers on non-special assets accounts and prepare management
reports as required.
- Prepare documentation to request repurchase of SBA loans sold
on secondary market.
- Recommend legal actions, bankruptcy, foreclosure and judgement
processes and repossession or replevin actions in accordance with
Bank policy and SBA SOP. Including direct communications in
negotiations and meeting with attorneys and borrowers.
- Prepare financial analysis, criticized asset reports, annual
loan reviews, covenant monitoring and underwriting renewal loan
request as applicable.
- Recommend risk rating changes as appropriate.
- Contact's borrowers and/or Relationship Managers for financial
documents required to meet loan covenants and loan reviews
requirements. Reviews credit memos, BLA and tickler report to
- Complete covenant compliance memo for approval and file
- Regularly reviews the portfolio to ensure credit quality.
- Receive and analyze information from Relationship Managers and
prepare credit memorandum.
- Submit CAM to Credit Manager for approval and provide support
to loan processors as needed to close approved loans. .
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business
Administration or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience and/or training or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years prior work experience in SBA workout &
liquidation, commercial loan underwriting, loan portfolio
management or equivalent at a commercial bank.
- Comprehensive knowledge of banking procedures, lending and
practices to include regulatory rules and guidelines affecting Bank
lending operations, commercial lending and real estate lending.
- 3-5 years prior work experience in SBA workout &
- Knowledge of SBA SOP.
- Knowledge of SBA 10-Tab files and SBA Wrap up Report.
- Knowledge of bankruptcy, workout, UCC, litigations,
foreclosure, and disposition of collateral.
- Knowledge in financial analysis, with the ability to assess
business financial statements and restructure SBA loans
- Knowledge in SBA and C&I loan documentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle multiples tasks at once.
- Detailed oriented and accurate
- Able to meet deadlines and workload demands.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of individuals,
strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Business acumen to effectively interact with clients.
- Team focused and solution oriented.
- Must consistently provide the highest level of customer
Keywords: Cal Private Bank, Beverly Hills , Portfolio Manager, Executive , Beverly Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!