Director of Operations
Company: AZUL HOSPITALITY MASTER
Location: Beverly Hills
Posted on: November 22, 2021
AC Hotel Beverly Hills - Beverly Hills, CA
We are currently looking for a versatile, organized, and efficient
manager to join our team. The Operations Manager will support
multiple functional areas throughout the hotel by making
independent decisions that help each team meet and/or exceed
business objectives. This position will support F&B,
Sales/Catering, Rooms Operations, Accounting, and Staff Services.
In addition, the position will directly oversee IT, Security,
- Assist Sales and Catering team by following up on customer
inquiries through phone or email. Respond to all customer inquiries
within 24 hours or sooner.
- Draft group contracts, ensuring that all pertinent aspects of
solicitation and closing are complete and documented.
- Provide hotel support to include following up on outstanding
responses, calling, faxing and emailing clients with responses and
- Preside over weekly 10-day BEO reading and daily 3-day BEO
- Report generation as needed
- Maintains liaison with other hotel departments to facilitate
services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective
- Develops and maintains client files
- Assist with the preparation of all documents and forms related
to the staff member personnel files and the hiring process,
including but not limited to pre-screening and reference
- Assist F&B as required covering, food/beverage ordering,
scheduling, and other miscellaneous needs.
- Be prepared to advise the General Manager of all matters
relating to Staff Services and Accounting. Priorities as the
General Manager establishes them shall be completed on a timely
- Assist our Front Desk operation as needed.
- Assist in the oversee the Guest Service program - responding to
guest needs, adjusting, liaison between brand GSS and
- Liaison with security and transportation services to ensure all
needs are met.
- Assist with IT needs via our third-party vendors as
- Schedule Security, transportation, and IT staff.
- Coach, council, and manage performance of Security,
transportation, and IT staff.
- Create a positive culture within Security, transportation, and
IT staff departments.
- Coordinate all onsite accounting functions. Act as a liaison
for all corporate accounting requests.
- Ensure that all invoices are coded and scanned to the corporate
office or third-party controller for processing of payables in a
timely manner on a weekly basis.
- Maintain complete and accurate accounting files in order to
handle vendor inquiries.
- Reconcile vendor statements and solve any discrepancies.
- Ensure that all Accounts Receivable billings go out with
supporting backup for all charges in a timely manner.
- Audit all banquet charges as well as miscellaneous charges that
are posted to master accounts for accuracy.
- Audit city ledger on a weekly basis and inform the General
Manager of any credit risks or potential write offs.
- Perform all accountabilities in a timely and efficient manner,
following established company policy and projecting a favorable
image of the hotel to achieve objectives.
- Answer guest calls and customer inquiries as needed
- During peak arrival and departure times, support front desk
with check ins and check-outs.
- Setup room blocks
- Maintain group rooms control.
- Be familiar with all company policies and benefits.
- Be an active part of the property team supporting and
developing the desired Azul Hospitality culture
- Drive product quality and a unique guest experience at every
- Take pride in the overall look and feel of the hotel never
walking past something out of place
- Maintain a refreshing attitude focused on positive friendly
interactions with guests and staff
- Develop and maintain strong interdepartmental relationships and
open communication lines to assure efficient transfer of
- Be familiar with all company policies and benefits. SUPPORTIVE
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this
position may be required to perform a combination of the following
supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each
function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the
particular requirements of the hotel:
- Assist with any guest inquiry.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and
- Report maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by the General
- Environmental conditions are inside, a job is considered inside
if staff spends approximately 75 percent or more of the time
inside. Temperature is moderate and controlled by resort
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to four (8) hours per day.
Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day.
Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to
four (4) hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between
functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and
to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up
to 250 lbs. occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking,
repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing
ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual
functions being those of near and color vision and depth
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill
cleaning tasks occasionally.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary
- Ability to work primarily with fingers to pick, pinch, type and
carry out substantial movements (motions) of the wrists and hands
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office
equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine,
multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines,
photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.SPECIFIC
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and
abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can
perform the essential functions of the job, with or without
reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of
knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to travel on occasion, as needed.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary
language used in the workplace.
- Requires good communication skills, verbal, written and
- Considerable knowledge of complex mathematical calculations and
- Must have excellent leadership capability and customer
- Must be detail oriented with outstanding organizational and
- Must possess intermediate computer skills.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Knowledge of computer programs, math skills as well as
budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Ability to analyze, foresee user needs, and makes judgments to
ensure proper tools are provided at property level.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external
customers some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact
and diplomacy and collect accurate information to resolve
- Knowledgeable about basic function of Windows OS, MS Office,
PMS, PBX, Key system, and POS.
- Self-driven and able to work independently
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing
equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety
and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including,
but not limited to the following statutes and their state and local
analogues (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act,
Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, and
High school or equivalent education required.
Bachelors degree and/or equivalent level of education
- Hotel Operations experience required.
- Three to Five years of Management experience required.
- Knowledgeable of loyalty programs, brand standards and
hospitality industry systems preferred.LICENSES OR
Ability to provide and maintain a valid drivers license as the
position may require the operation of motorized and electric
Exempt Staff Members are not covered by the overtime provisions and
do not receive overtime pay. Exempt Staff members are paid a fixed
salary that is intended to cover all the compensation to which they
All Staff Members must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed
appearance per Azul Hospitality standards. Refer to the property
specific required grooming and uniform standards policy.
..... click apply for full job details
Keywords: AZUL HOSPITALITY MASTER, Beverly Hills , Director of Operations, Executive , Beverly Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!