Assistant General Manager, Merchandise (Saks Fifth Avenue)
Company: Saks Fifth Avenue
Location: Beverly Hills
Posted on: November 12, 2021
What This Position is All About Under the direction of the
General Manager, the Assistant General Manager of Merchandising is
responsible for increasing sales by focusing on driving the selling
process through developing and managing effective selling teams,
creating a service and selling culture that delivers results and
ensuring the alignment of the merchandise to local needs and
opportunities. The Assistant General Manager of Merchandising is
responsible for developing a high performance selling organization;
ensuring that all selling associates have clear selling strategies
as well as broad product knowledge, and effectively coaching
selling managers and associates to achieve selling goals, while
ensuring that the customer service experience as delivered by the
store team consistently exceeds customer expectations The Assistant
General Manager of Merchandising understands that the success of
the organization is tied to the quality and performance-- of the
team, and is responsible for developing, motivating and retaining
talent in order to drive sales results and maximize store volume.
Who You Are:
- Clearly shares the work to be done and the expected outcome.
Easily creates working relationships to enhance self and team
- Seeks and expands on original ideas, enhances others--- ideas
and contributes own ideas.--Places the team---s success above their
- Establishes positive interpersonal relationships
- Champions innovation and creativity by encouraging,
recognizing, and rewarding those who take initiative, develop new
ideas, or improve work methods You Also Have:
- 4 year degree preferred.
- 5+ years of management experience with luxury retailer or
- Complete mobility required. As The Assistant General Manager,
Merchandise, You Will:
- Drives the Saks clientelling culture through coaching and
mentoring Selling Manager team.
- Directly oversees all Selling Managers except FAC.
- Responsible for developing top talent Selling Managers to
- In partnership with the VP/GM and RSM, acts as the Chief
Merchant for the store to ensure the alignment of merchandise to
local needs and opportunities.
- Executes the VP/GM's strategic vision How Often You May Travel:
- NA Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit;
think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from
retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees
(including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount Thank you for your interest with
HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application. HBC provides
equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to
federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and
local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every
location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. -- HBC
welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be
individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection
process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to
the materials or processes to be used.
Keywords: Saks Fifth Avenue, Beverly Hills , Assistant General Manager, Merchandise (Saks Fifth Avenue), Executive , Beverly Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!