Director of Hotel F&B Operations - Miami
Company: Morgans Hotel Group
Location: Beverly Hills
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Director of Hotel F&B Operations - Miami A global tribe of
individuals, partners and progressives, devoted to creating
extraordinary experiences for our community throughout our
proprietary brands ---we are sbe. Visionaries at the forefront of
hospitality, cuisine, design, residences and entertainment, our
lifestyle moments are forged with highly-curated and passionate
service.-- We are committed toauthenticity, sophistication,
masteryandinnovation. Our stage is the world. Our time is now. With
this in mind, we foster a family environment built on values that
describe our lifestyle, experiences and how we see the world.--When
you have a tribe such as ours and place it in and around the
collection of accommodations, restaurants and nightlife, you create
a force that cannot be replicated by anyone else. We are an equal
opportunity employer. Job Summary The Director of Food & Beverage
Operations is responsible for overseeing the operation and staff of
all food and beverage departments on property and to maintain the
highest level of standards and efficiency. This role functions as
the strategic business overseeing in development and implementation
of departmental strategies and ensures implementation of the brand
service strategy and initiatives Essential Functions The Director
of Food & Beverage Operations is responsible for coordinating,
supervising and directing all property food and beverage
operations, while maintaining a profitable F&B department and
high quality products and service levels. He/she is expected to
market ideas to promote business; reduce employee turnover;
maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted
productivity while keeping quality consistently high.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful,
and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
- Supervise all F&B personnel.
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Prepare the F&B budget and monitor department performance
with respect to the same. Perform any necessary follow-up,
- Monitor industry trends, take appropriate action to maintain
competitive and profitable operations.
- Work with other Executive Committee members and keep them
informed of F&B issues as they arise.
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or
matters requiring his/her attention.
- Coordinate and monitor all phases of Loss Prevention in the
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Organize and conduct department meetings on a regular
- Monitor quality of service and product.
- Cooperate in menu planning and preparation.
- Ensure timely purchase of F&B items, within budget
- Oversee operations of the employee cafeteria.
- Ensure compliance with all local liquor laws, and health and
- Ensure departmental compliance with SOP's.
- Ensure the training of department heads on SOP's, report
preparation, technical job tasks.
- Attend and/or conduct departmental and hotel training (CARE,
One to One), etc.
- Interview candidates for front-of-house F&B positions and
follow standards for hiring approvals.
- Conduct and/or attend all required meetings, including
pre-convention and post-convention meetings.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Hotel Standards,
as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs
of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
including wearing nametags.
- Comply with Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe
and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information,
data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times. Skills
- At least 6 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a
related field; or a 4-year college degree and at least 3 years of
related experience; or a 2-year college degree and 4 or more years
of related experience.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets
and word processing.
- Must have knowledge of F&B preparation techniques, health
department rules and regulations, liquor laws and regulations.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
Keywords: Morgans Hotel Group, Beverly Hills , Director of Hotel F&B Operations - Miami, Executive , Beverly Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!