General Manager - Katsuya Hollywood
Company: Morgans Hotel Group
Location: Beverly Hills
Posted on: January 11, 2021
A global tribe of individuals, partners and progressives,
devoted to creating extraordinary experiences for our community
throughout our proprietary brands ---we are sbe. Visionaries at the
forefront of hospitality, cuisine, design, residences and
entertainment, our lifestyle moments are forged with highly-curated
and passionate service.-- We are committed toauthenticity,
sophistication, masteryandinnovation. Our stage is the world. Our
time is now. With this in mind, we foster a family environment
built on values that describe our lifestyle, experiences and how we
see the world.--When you have a tribe such as ours and place it in
and around the collection of accommodations, restaurants and
nightlife, you create a force that cannot be replicated by anyone
else. We are an equal opportunity employer. Job Focus
- Must value and support our TEAM!
- Must value and care for our guests!
- Will assist with recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling in a
concerted effort to drive retention
- Will evaluate and develop processes to drive performance and
- Will own and ensure accountability of all standards of health,
safety, emergency management, sanitation, maintenance, and
licensing; company mandated and locally mandated
- Will assume direct responsibility for the coaching and
development of venue leadership, chefs and managers
- Will drive venue performance through ongoing team and
individual feedback through evaluation, coaching, counseling and
- Will defines and demonstrate Employee Standards of Conduct
- Will have direct oversight of day-to-day operations, including
floor management, team management and the overall guest
- Will collaborate with regional and corporate management in the
development and implementation of annual budgets, operating plans,
policies and procedures, productivity, team engagement; will be
responsible for forward progress and agreed upon completion
- Will have direct responsibility for P&L analysis:
maintaining budgets, costs of goods, labor costs, expenses,
overtime, inventory and customer feedback
- Responsible to liaise with and assist other Disruptive Group
- Promote sbe's culture of authenticity, mastery and innovation
KEEPING IT FOCUSED
- Will communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to
provide clear direction to the venue teams.
- Will communicate with team using a positive and clear speaking
voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate
actions and provide accurate information.
- Will remain calm and alert, especially during emergency
situations and/or heavy restaurant activity, serving as a role
model for team and other employees. Interact with other department
personnel and venue staff as needed.
- Will make decisions and take actions based on previous
experience and good judgment, sometimes revising procedures to
accommodate unusual situations.
- Will develop and implement cost saving and profit enhancement
measures within your scope of responsibility. SUPPORTIVE FUNCTIONS
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this
position may be required to perform a combination of the following
supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each
function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the
particular requirements of the company.
- Attend mandatory meetings including divisional meetings, staff
- Participate in community events and ensure corporate social
responsibility goals of sbe are met.
- Collaborate with and complete other projects as assigned by
Disruptive Group and sbe Corporate leadership.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics, which inspire
Team Members to meet and exceed standards.
- Ensure that all staff follows and are in compliance with sbe's
policies and procedures. SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Our strongest candidates will possess the following knowledge,
skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he
or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or
without reasonable accommodation.
- Five (5) years of hospitality industry management experience,
in the restaurant environment
- Strong local hospitality experience and commitment - you
understand the importance of connection within our communities and
work to promote and foster it
- Ability to work under pressure - asserting initiative,
maintaining a sense of urgency both while maintaining
- Ability to connect; resolve conflict, drive engagement, and
develop teams - you are the CHRO of this restaurant.
- Ability to analyze financial statements and modify operations
to meet financial goals - you are the CFO of this restaurant.
- Ability to embrace full leadership of the team and the business
- you are the CEO of this restaurant.
- Ability to Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and
demonstrates original thinking
- Functional Expertise: Considered a thought leader on a
- Ability to Lead: Inspires teammates to follow them
- Motivated by
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the
ability to contribute to the success of a project or the
- Financial: Inspired to perform well by reward
- Exceptionally strong ability to communicate in English, both
orally and in writing, with guests and employees, some of whom will
require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse
anger and to collect accurate information and to resolve
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a
moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to walk, stand, and/or bend continuously to perform
essential job function
Keywords: Morgans Hotel Group, Beverly Hills , General Manager - Katsuya Hollywood, Executive , Beverly Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!