Sr Automation Engineer
Company: Takeda Pharmaceutical
Location: Beverly Hills
Posted on: May 10, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
with Takeda's and . I further attest that all information I submit
in my employment application is true to the best of my
knowledge.Job DescriptionAbout the role:The Sr Automation Engineer
- Packaging provides engineering support for Formulation & Filling
operations. You will report to the Head of Automation.How you will
- Implement and follow pharmaceutical change control
- Create system specifications and standard operating procedures
for the systems supported.
- Train users on control system functionality (programmable logic
controller, computer/control networks, and instrumentation).
- Support software life cycle efforts to maintain systems. Help
develop improved control system strategies for manufacturing
- Participate in a rotating after-hour process control support
- Use experience to plan and accomplish goals.
- Implement sustainable system to reduce UI occurrence and
- As a Subject Matter Expert (SME) expected to lead and mentor
other process control engineers and technicians as directed
regarding automation systems.
- Manage administration of control system.
- Schedules and leads a team through the execution of a smaller
project or defined piece of a larger project. This includes
constructing detailed, accurate project schedules, working with
cross-functional development groups and technical support
- Contribute to cost estimating of major capital budget items and
the spending of approved project funds. Also, performs financial
planning and assists in the analysis to justify project
- Investigate and analyze customer service problems and design
improvement suggestions. Recommend design improvements through
adaptations and modifications of standard technical
- Knowledge of the basic principles in multiple engineering
- Experience with computer programing and troubleshooting
techniques for Packaging Vision Systems (Markem, Systech & Cognex),
Automated Vacuum Tester (AVT), Systec Camera and Serialization,
Vial labeler (Neri), Unit carton labeling system (LSI), printing
- Manage routine small projects with complex features.
- Must know how to lead and motivate less experienced engineers.
Be able to operate in and potentially facilitate cross functional
teams with guidance.
- Must know how to run projects, coordinate contractors, and
direct the activities of technicians.
- Can organize and present technical and project management
- Knowledge of cGMP manufacturing.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical production equipment including
autoclaves, parts washer, lyophilizers, process tanks, filling
machines and CIP/SIP systems.
- Make recommendations to management on courses of action using
both written and verbal methods.
- Will provide solutions that reflect understanding our goals and
possible cost effects.What you bring to Takeda:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering field is required.
- 5+ years of related automation/controls experience in a GMP
pharmaceutical environment is required
- Solid experience with automation system instrumentation and
field device technology.
- Experience with control systems (Allen Bradley,
Intellution/iFix, Siemens BAS, Siemens S7, WinnCC, OSI-PI Historian
and Vision sytems (Systech/Cognex), (Delta V experience a plus) )
especially in both batch/standalone in a manufacturing
- Experience in other plant automation platform is a plus
(Modicon, Siemens PLC, Delta V, Allen Bradley, Intellution/IFix,
OSI-PI Historian, Siemens BAS, Siemens S7, Winn CC).
- Preferable to have QLP Green Belt certification.What Takeda can
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and
Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable
- Family Planning Support
- Professional training opportunities
- Tuition reimbursementImportant ConsiderationsAt Takeda, our
patients rely on us to provide quality products. As a result, we
must follow strict rules in our manufacturing facilities to ensure
we are not endangering the quality of the product. You may:
- Work in a controlled environment requiring special gowning and
wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
This may include additional hearing protection for loud areas.
- Need to remove all make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail
polish and artificial fingernails while in the manufacturing
- Work in a cold, wet environment.
- Work multiple shifts, including weekends, or be asked to work
- Work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and
Celite that may require respiratory protection.
- Overall physical exertion is sedentary work.
- Lift no more than 10 pounds at a time.
- Required to provide on-call support
- May be asked to work more than 8 hours/40 hours per week,
weekends, and holidays.
- May require availability outside of business hours.More about
us:At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the
development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class
patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company to
inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing
work.Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating
careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in
everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace,
in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to
provide Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the
world.This posting excludes Colorado applicants.#GMSGQ#ZR1EEO
StatementTakeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse
workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability,
citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital
status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran,
or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal,
state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by
law.LocationsUSA - CA - Thousand Oaks - ManufacturingWorker
TypeEmployeeWorker Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceutical, Beverly Hills , Sr Automation Engineer, Engineering , Beverly Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!