Regional Director of Finance
Company: Kirkwood Collection
Location: Beverly Hills
Posted on: July 30, 2022
Job SummaryDirect and plan financial activities of Accounting
Department and associated operations such reporting, IT, sourcing
and procurement, interdepartmental and vendor relations to ensure
areas are managed to optimize portfolio profitability. This role is
responsible for all aspects of financial management, including
corporate accounting, site-level accounting, regulatory and
financial reporting, budget, and forecasts preparation. -This
position will also be responsible for supporting all property level
team members as it relates to accounting matters. Approximately
10-20% of time for this position will be spent traveling to
Kirkwood's hotel properties to audit, improve, and report back on
site-level procedures.Primary Job Duties
- Supervise team performing accounting functions that include
billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable and general
- Strategic thinker with the ability to formulate effective
goals, objectives, and priorities with a long term perspective
- Prepare the financial documents within the time frames supplied
in the closing schedule and according to the Company Policies and
Procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and the
Uniform System of Accounts for Lodging Industry.
- Work with site-level teams to ensure semi-monthly payroll is
- Ensure all financial reports, budgets, forecasts, and other
information required by the company are accurately compiled and
submitted within the specified time limits, identifying variances,
and making recommendations for improvements as appropriate.
- Ensure successful cash management, compliance with investor
agreements and attendant legal documents.
- On a monthly basis, maintain balance sheet analysis with full
supporting detail and prepare accurate forecasts and cash flow
statements upon request.
- Ensure all legal, treasury, and tax documentation is properly
maintained and secured, and that all statutory and fiscal reporting
requirements are satisfied, which includes any governmental
requirements for permits and licenses.
- Establish and maintain relationships with individual or
business customers or provide assistance with problems these
customers may encounter.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and maintained for the
protection of the property's assets against loss or
- Coordinate and lead variance meetings with site-level and
corporate management teams
- Assist site-level managers to improve their financial awareness
and provide them with relevant financial information for their
- Assist operations to improve the accuracy of work schedules and
set labor standards to maximize productivity. Monitor and
accurately measure actual labor usage versus labor standards to
ensure timely reporting and decision-making.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting to insurance carriers of
all incidents with potential liability or property claims.
- Ensure timely and accurate sales, use and occupancy tax return,
and compliance form filing preparation as required.
- Ensure adequate insurance coverage and COI's provided by
- Ensure integrity and efficiency of computerized data processing
- Recruit and manage qualified Accounting staff, communicate
goals, recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other
staffing-related actions per company rules and policies, and
applicable federal, state and local laws.Education and Experience
- 5+ years of progressive hotel accounting experience at the
property or corporate level
- At least 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Experience managing tight deadlines and working with remote
Keywords: Kirkwood Collection, Beverly Hills , Regional Director of Finance, Accounting, Auditing , Beverly Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!