Private Banking Officer
Company: City National Bank
Location: Beverly Hills
Posted on: May 4, 2022
Job Details: PRIVATE BANKING OFFICER I
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Provides day-to-day servicing for Private Banking clients,
relieving Client Managers and/or Private Bankers from performing
account specific operational responsibility. Resolves client
inquiries/complaints and identifies cross-selI opportunities by
assessing deposit portfolio and client needs. Works directly with
clients in all areas of deposit operations (e.g., wires, new
deposit accounts, checking and savings account activity, CDs, loan
payments and advances, etc.). Provides clients with accurate,
timely and extensive information to ensure quality service and
client retention. Oversees the risk associated with the operational
aspects of client servicing and transaction processing for the
Private Banking Division
As a member of City National's Private Banking group, you will help
deliver tailored financial solutions to high- and
ultra-high-net-worth families, select professional services firms
and select nonprofits. Exceptional, customized service and
integrated solutions and strategies, investment management, trust
and wealth planning set this team apart.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Risk Management/Compliance
- Within authority, perform deposit operations-related activities
within the department. Review and process deposits. Approve checks
for cashing. Process deposit fee reversals.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of account activity by reviewing
various reports and systems. Identify potential problems and take
appropriate action necessary to avoid financial loss to the
- Facilitate new deposit account and small business consumer
lending requests by providing disclosures, gathering documents and
initiates ongoing communication with the client.
- Complete KYCs for new clients/entities/loans .
- Follow up with client for missing documentation on DARS
- Respond timely and accurately to inquiries from the Bank's
Financial Intelligence Unit (KYC/AML) and/or other Support Unit's
regarding client transactions and account activity.
- Comply with all Bank policies and procedures and ensure
adherence to the Bank's regulatory requirements.
- Client Services
- Act as primary liaison between the client and all areas of the
bank. Perform follow up with all client requests to ensure
completion and satisfaction.
- Resolve client inquiries and complaints and take appropriate
action to prevent future problems. Contact clients regarding
overdrafts (or other related problems) and perform follow-up
necessary to resolve situation. Determine appropriate method of
- Cross Sell
- Analyze client needs in order to cross-sell a wide variety of
Bank services. Introduce clients to appropriate area within the
Bank such as Wealth Management, International, Treasury Management,
or to a Private Banker. Maintain complete knowledge of all bank
products and services.
- Participate in cross sell activities independently or with the
Private Banker, as appropriate. Channel referrals/warm leads from
existing clients to the Private Banker or Private Banker
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- H.S. Diploma
- Minimum 5 years of experience in client service, banking
operations or Private Banking relationship management support
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a banking or financial
services environment required
- Minimum 2 years of experience with bank products and services
(e.g. deposits, cash management, international, etc.) required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong risk management and operations knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
in order to effectively interact with clients and bank colleagues
at all levels.
- Solid knowledge of all phases of operations (e.g., installment
loans, new accounts, loan payments, statement handling,
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills (e.g., Word, Excel,
- Achieve digital mastery; demonstrates capabilities to adapt
learn, and utilize evolving automation and technology to perform
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to
diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one
we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients,
colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded
in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of
integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships
continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a
subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading
diversified financial services companies.
In order to be hired and work at City National Bank, you must be
fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: City National Bank, Beverly Hills , Private Banking Officer, Accounting, Auditing , Beverly Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!